Maryborough State High offers a broad curriculum with an extensive subject range to challenge and extend students in their academic and personal growth. The school enjoys a well-deserved reputation for its tradition of academic success since 1881. The high standards expected of Maryborough State High students are essential to maintaining this tradition.
Pastoral care, and social and emotional learning programs.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
ICTs are embedded across all curriculum areas and are an essential aspect in student learning outcomes for their digital futures. There is a vast range of ICT resources utilised within the school to enhance student learning and to assist teachers in curriculum delivery. Maryborough State High School is also committed to ensure the growing BYOx (Bring Your Own Device) program is successful with students engaging in digital technologies daily as part of their learning experience.
Curriculum programs offer:
Opportunities for students to demonstrate deep understanding and application to a range of solutions
Fewer teachers per class and smaller class sizes
Frequent opportunities to excel
Access to designated computer laboratories and laptops to integrate technology meaningfully in the classroom
A strong focus on developing and achieving literacy and numeracy skills
Parental involvement through regular formal and informal interaction.
Maryborough State High believes:
- Everyone can learn
- Different people learn in different ways
- Teachers and students aim to do the very best they can
- Every lesson counts
Classrooms at Maryborough State High promote:
- Enthusiasm and a love of learning
- respectful relationships between teacher and students
- A variety of learning modes - direct instruction, inquiry based learning, digital formats
- Opportunities for students to think both independently and collaboratively with challenging, complex problem solving and higher-order thinking